Cassava starch production in Nigeria
Cassava starch production in Nigeria
Cassava is grown in all the states of the Federation with the current production level being about 45 million metric tones per annum; a figure expected to double by 2020. Nigeria is the leading cassava producer in the world which produces a third more than Brazil and almost double the production capacity of Thailand and Indonesia. Although it is the world leader in cassava production, 90% of the annual production in Nigeria is targeted for the domestic food market. Therefore cassava starch production in Nigeria is promising.
Cassava starch production in Nigeria has the potential to industrialize. If its potential is properly utilized, cassava will not only become a white gold, but also a substitute for oil as a non-oil source of foreign exchange earnings, as well as a key tool for job creation and development.
Cassava& cassava starch
The business opportunities brought about by the cassava revolution have increased local investment in the cassava processing industry. The cassava starch production in Nigeria is all around the country. This has led to an increase in local demand for cassava tubers and investment opportunities to supply cassava roots to the cassava processing industry.
It is in realization of this fact that lead government to prioritize the cultivation, processing and export of cassava in the years past thereby leading to what is been referred to as the cassava revolution in Nigeria. Cassava starch production in Nigeria develops rapidly in recent years.
Cassava starch production
The cassava starch production in Nigeria for cassava starch contains the following step:
1. Sorting and Weighing: The cassava roots are sorted to select the wholesome roots for cassava starch production in Nigeria. The tubers are then weighed.
2. Cleaning: The weighed cassava roots transported into dry sieve for removing sand, weed, stone and other debris.
3. Washing: Cleaned root is washed in paddle washing machine with sufficient quantity of potable water to further remove soil, dirt and other contaminants. Cleaning raw material has a important influence on the following step for cassava starch production in Nigeria.
4. Grating: The cassava root is grated to cassava slurry to release starch from cassava cell. This is the most important procedure in cassava starch production in Nigeria which determines starch yield.
Cassava starch separating machine
5. Separation: Cassava starch and fibers are separated in centrifuge sieve and fine fiber sieve in cassava starch processing plant.
6. Enrichment and refining: Hydrocyclone station is used for separating protein, fine fibers and cell sap from starch slurry for cassava starch production in Nigeria.
6. Dewatering: The moisture content of the starch milk is reduced mechanically to about 38% to prepare for drying operation.
7. Drying: Drying process for cassava starch production in Nigeria is used for drying cassava starch to the desired quality.
9. Sieving and Packaging: The cassava starch is sieved and packaged by semi-automatic machine for marketing.
Cassava starch drying machine
Mechanized cassava starch production in Nigeria is still on the developmental stage and the potential is very high. The demand for cassava starch in Nigeria is in excess of 350,000 tons per annum. The current domestic production capacity to meet the estimated demand for cassava starch is less than 20 per cent.
Doing Company as a professional cassava starch processing machine manufacturer, we can provide a full range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, commissioning and personnel training for cassava starch production in Nigeria. With advanced technology, excellent manufacturing, and excellent automation control, we can create a superior level of cassava starch engineering. Welcome to contact our engineer about cassava starch production issue.