What's the process of production of starch from cassava?
The brief introduction of the process of production of starch from cassava
Firstly, the fresh cassava is cleaned and mixed, then transported to a special rasper and fully pulverized to a state of free starch, washed and separated into pulp, and the starch in the slag is completely separated after multi-stage washing. Next, the separated pure pulp passes through several grades of starch separation and protein purification hydrocyclone units for production of starch from cassava, then dehydration into the peeler centrifuge, trying to make the water separated by about 38% and then evenly fed into the flash dryer to dry the safe water 13-14%. finally, the finished product packed into 25, 50KG for the warehouse.
Plant for production of starch from cassava
Here is the detail introduction about process of production of starch from cassava
1. Raw material conveying and cleaning: After the fresh cassava is unearthed, it will take 3-5% impurities, soil, small stones and so on. In order to reach the standard of commercial use, the first step of conveying and cleaning is very important for production of starch from cassava. If cassava is not well cleaned, it will bring a lot of inconvenience to the follow-up purification process, which will increase the cost of starch production, decrease the starch quality grade. The fresh cassava is firstly conveyed for cleaning. In cassava conveying and cleaning stage, the stone, weeds, sand and other debris adhering on cassava is basically removed.
2. Washing: Then it comes to washing process for production of starch from cassava. Water is added in this stage so as to remove the clay and sand on the surface of raw materials. It is noteworthy that the material breaking rate should be low, otherwise it is not conducive to the extraction of starch.
Cassava washing machine
3. Grating: In the production of starch from cassava, the purpose of grating is to break the cell wall of cassava tuber as much as possible to release starch particles to the maximum extent. The starch extraction rate is determined in this stage, so is the starch yield. DOING rasper fully introduce European advanced technology which can reach a grating rate of 95%.
4. Separation: In the links of production of starch from cassava, the most significant impact on the extraction rate of starch is grating, screening and refining process. The separation process mainly serves to remove fibers out of starch slurry.
Separation principle: According to the characteristics that the the volume of fiber is greater than starch grain, the expansion coefficient is greater than starch, but the proportion is lighter than starch, water is used as medium for production of starch from cassava to separate starch and fiber.
5. Desanding: The waste residue of cassava from the separation is transported to the slag field, and the starch milk has reached the standard of finished product in terms of thickness, but there are also organic and inorganic impurities such as protein, sand and cell asp which need to be further processed in the process of production of starch from cassava. The starch slurry is pumped into desander to remove sand impurities to improve starch taste in desanding stage.
Cassava starch refining machine
6. Concentration and refining: The purpose of concentration and refining is to remove the residue soluble and insoluble protein and other impurities out of starch slurry. For the process of production of starch from cassava, starch slurry firstly goes from concentration unit, to refining and finally to recovering unit. And the protein, fibers and cell sap are basically removed.
7. Dehydrating and drying: Dehydrating and drying are both for decrease the moisture content of starch milk for production of starch from cassava. It is required that the water content of starch after dehydrating goes from 60% to 38 ~ 40%. And drying process follows dehydration operation which serves to further reduce water content of wet starch to desired quality. It should be make sure the whole process is sealed, so that the starch will not be polluted.
8. Screening and packing: In order to ensure that the fineness of the finished starch, the dried starch shall be inspected and screened to prevent the starch from caking in the drying process, so as to guarantee the finished product quality. The starch has reached the requirements of the finished product after inspection and screening. The final packaging of the finished product for production of starch from cassava can be packed into 25Kg or 50Kg according to the requirements.