How to process cassava into starch ？ cassava processing into starch technology
Cassava is native to South America and was later introduced to Africa, Central America and Asia. It is now available in more than 100 countries in the world's tropical and subtropical regions. Cassava is one of the world's staple foods, known as the "king of starch". Due to its high starch content, it is a superior starch raw material. But how to process cassava into starch, what is the cassava processing into starch technology? The following is the explanation for this question.
How to process cassava into starch
Cassava processing into starch technology description:
1. Washing section: The raw material is washed in multiple stages to completely remove the sediment of the skin, improve the purity of the raw material, and enters into next step of how to process cassava into starch.
2. Crushing and filtering section: The washed cassava is crushed into cassava pulp, and the starch liberation rate is 95% for how to process cassava into starch. The multi-stage filtration is further increased to remove the fiber impurities in the cassava pulp, and the cassava residue is then separated.
DOING cassava processing into starch technology adopts advanced crushing and filteration technology, which features with high starch extraction rate, high separation rate of pulp and residue, energy saving and water saving, fine filtration.
Washing, crushing and filtering machine for cassava processing
3. Sand removal section: Many manufacturers neglect the sand removal step, and the produced starch has poor mouthfeel and affects sales. Doing how to process cassava into starch fully removes fine sand impurities in starch and ensures the taste of starch and improve the starch quality.
4. Concentration and refining section: Different from the traditional sedimentation process, the full hydrocyclone unit of how to process cassava into starch can efficiently concentrate and refine starch, fully separate non-starch substances in starch slurry, improve starch whiteness and ensure starch quality.
Cassava starch desanding, refining, dehydrating,drying machine
5. Starch milk dehydration section: The refined starch has high water content, and the dehydration process is required for how to process cassava into starch to increase the starch purity and facilitate the drying operation. After dehydration, the starch water content is about 38%.
6. Drying section: This step of how to process cassava into starch is mainly for quickly removing moisture from the wet starch cake. Starch is dried in sealed system which ensures no pollution and good starch quality.
Cassava processing into starch technology can increase the economic value of cassava. Cassava starch as the most basic and important cassava processing product, is widely used in food, medicine, paper, textile, oil drilling, building materials, feed and other fields. With the continuous development of high-tech using starch as raw material, cassava starch has great market demand potential and broad prospects. Any questions about how to process cassava into starch, please contact DOING engineers.